Fresh crab, sliced radishes, lime, paprika and cilantro elevate simple avocado toast to a whole new and delicious level!
Hey there, I’m Heather. I’m a dietitian and the founder of http://www.heatherkjones.com — a weight loss site that focuses on healing and hope instead of diets and deprivation. I’m also the creator of Smaller Size Bigger Life, an online coaching program for women who struggle with emotional eating, overeating, or body image issues.
I’m excited to guest post on Skinnytaste again today, and to be the nutrition expert for the upcoming second Skinnytaste cookbook! (The new cookbook will be available in the fall of 2016, and it will feature both easy recipes ready in less than 30 minutes and slow cooker recipes.)
So I’m a little (ok, A LOT) obsessed with avocado toast – mashed avocado on whole-grain bread topped with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt is one of my go-to breakfasts.
But on a recent trip to Miami I discovered an entirely new and fresh way to dress up this simple and healthy dish.
This easy dish is not only perfect for breakfast or light lunch, but it’s also a wow-worthy brunch dish (trust me, your friends and family will be impressed!).
Miami Avocado Crab Toast
6 Smart Points
- 1 ounce (about 1/4 small) Haas avocado
- 2 ounces cooked lump crab meat
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- Juice from ½ small lime
- 1 small green onion, thinly sliced, green and whites separated
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (1.5-ounce) slice 100% whole grain bread, toasted
- 1 small radish, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with a fork until smooth.
- In another small bowl, combine crab, 2 teaspoons cilantro, lime juice, onion whites, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spread avocado evenly over toast, top with crab mixture, radish, remaining cilantro, green onion, sprinkle of paprika, pinch of salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Cut in half and serve immediately.
Yield: 1 serving, Serving Size: 1 toast
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 6
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 242
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Sodium: 563mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 17g
Original Source: Miami Avocado Crab Toast