By Leo Babauta
This fall, I’ll be a part of a retreat in Ecuador (Oct. 29-Nov. 5, 2016), and I’m really looking forward to it. I’d like to invite you to join me.
But this retreat is about more than these presentations — it’s about taking a step back and thinking about what to do with your “one wild and precious life”. Here’s what the retreat creator Cheryl Reed says:
“The days, months, and years seem to go by so quickly that we often postpone our happiness and truly living for some distant time in the future or for when circumstances in our lives are just right. Life is meant to be lived right here and right now. This retreat has been designed to teach you how to be happy exactly where you are. We will help you define your dreams and passions and learn how to begin incorporating them into your everyday life. We will teach you how to get over the fears that may be blocking you from going after what you want.
“And you will learn how to form habits to help you achieve your goals and the key habit, mindfulness which will help you stay on track. You will go home with a plan on how to start living the rest of your life.”
We’ll be holding all of this in the subtropics of Ecuador at El Encanto Resort which sits exactly on the equator. It will be a week of presentations, discussions, meditations and your own one-on-one session with one presenter. All this is scattered with activities to see more of Ecuador, including touring a coffee farm, a chocolate factory, zip-lining, a Shaman Cleansing and time in the hot tub, swimming in the pool or hiking through the cloud forest to a waterfall that flows into an amazing river.
There are limited spots (about 20), so if you’re interested, I’d reserve a spot now:
More details from Cheryl:
- During the week, we will visit a great cloud forest reserve where the family will teach us about cloud forest preservation as we zip-line over it. They will then serve us some of the best Pizza you will ever have all made from organic ingredients from their garden.
- We’ll tour a chocolate factory — from tree to chocolate bar, and taste “the best brownie ever.”
- We’ll learn about Cheryl’s farm, and see how her coffee is produced.
- We’ll do a community project, and work with some Ecuadorians, while we’re there.
- The food is supposed to be phenomenal.
- The resort sits exactly on the equator, and has a hot tub, swimming pool, hiking paths to the river.
- You can see toucans every day.
- Cheryl’s favorite part is “watching clouds be born from the river.”
I’ve never been to Ecuador, so I’m looking forward to all of this. I’m also looking forward to meeting some of you, if you’re ready to join me. You can each choose one of the three of us (me, J.D. and David) to do a one-on-one session with during the retreat.
It sounds amazing. J.D. has done it twice, and was blown away each time. And I trust him, so I’m excited!
Join me by signing up here:
Original Source: Join Me for a Retreat on Happiness, Mindfulness & Living a Full Life